The other day I was sat day dreaming of Cauliflower Buffalo Wings (you know, as any normal 22 year old...), a recipe that has been frequenting the internet for quite some time now, and it was as if the Food Gods answered my prayers when literally moments later my fav foodstagrammer Julia (@plantpoweredpantry) posts said recipe.
Is this what they call fate? Probably, yes.
So that is what I did on my day off - Cauliflower Buffalo Wings, along with a veganized Tzatziki!
CAULIFLOWER BUFFALO WINGS
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 1 dl flour (I used a GF mix)
- 1 dl water
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- salt + pepper
- 1 dl hot sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp syrup
- Start oven at 200°
- Divide the cauliflower into smaller florets.
- Mix the flour with the spices, then add water to form a paste.
- Dip the cauliflower into the paste, making sure to cover them nicely.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, flipping them over once. Meanwhile, make the hot glaze using the hot sauce, oil and syrup.
- Brush the cauliflower with the hot glaze, and if you fancy, sprinkle with some breadcrumbs for extra crunchiness. Bake for another 25-30 minutes.
- 2,5 dl dairy free natural yoghurt
- ½ a cucumber
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- salt, pepper
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- a splash of olive oil
- lemon juice + lemon zest
Ps. Julia recently started a Facebook page - I advise you all to check it out.