It reckon about 80% of my diet consists of Sweet Potato these days...
To the extent that I even started to incorporate them in my falafels.
... Which is a darn delight, if I may say so. Let's skip the sweet (potato) talk get straight to it!
SWEET POTATO FALAFEL
- 1 sweet potato, baked until soft
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 red onion
- 2 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground cummin
- a few dashes of cayenne pepper
- salt + pepper
- sesame seeds, to garnish (opt.)
- Start oven at 175°C.
- Place all the ingredients together in a food processor and mix until combined.
- Scoop up about 2 tbsp of the paste and roll into balls. Roll in sesame seeds, if using. Place balls on a tray with a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes and leave to cool at least 10 minutes before serving.