You know how sometimes you just outdo yourself. Such was the case with these heavenly creatures, more commonly referred to as MUFFINS.
I had some left over lemon curd that I made for my Bidsummer celebration that I wanted to put to the use before it would go bad and thus I recalled a recipe I used to make circa all the time around 10 years ago. A muffin with strawberries and white chocolate where it was suggested to add in a deciliter of lemon curd.
Yes, as you can hear - genius, genius, GENIUS combination of ingredients.
For the muffin itself I used a gluten free recipe from fabulous Evelina's Ekologiska, but opted for non-dairy products and chia eggs rather than chicken ones, as well as added in the lemon curd and white choco. Here's how the story goes:
VEGAN LEMON CURD MUFFINS WITH STRAWBERRIES & WHITE CHOCOLATE.
- 1 dl vegan lemon curd
- 3 dl almond flour
- 3 tbsp corn flour
- 3 tbsp brown rice flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 chia eggs (1 tbsp seeds + 3 tbsp water per egg)
- 1 dl brown sugar
- 100 grams dairy free butter
- 100 grams white chocolate chips
- 50 grams fresh strawberries
- Make the chia egg, using 2 tbsp of seeds along with 6 tbsp water. Set aside to thicken.
- Chop the berries and chocolate into smaller pieces.
- Combine the flours, baking soda, salt and vanilla.
- Melt the butter. Meanwhile, whisk the chia eggs and sugar together before mixing in with the dry ingredients.
- Add the lemon curd and melted butter to the mixture and stir well to combine.
- Scoop the dough over to muffin tins using a spoon. Layer the berries, chocolate and dough to get an even filling throughout the muffins. Lastly, top with flaked almonds or coconut.
- Bake in the middle of the oven on 175°C for 10-15 minutes. Then leave to cool before removing from the muffin tins.
For more sweet stuff, check out: