I just started my one week of vacation for this summer. Last time I had a week off was when we went to France in May, but that in ways too stressful to classify as holiday - you know, being an introvert constantly surrounded by strangers ⇒ not particularly relaxing...
Tomorrow however, me and J are picking up a rental car and will spend the following five days driving around the Highlands. Which I am well excited about, having only ever seen the east coast of Scotland.
Before radio silence hits this little internet place though, I wanted to share a recipe with yous - namely one of vegan feta cheese! The prep time is down to mere minutes, but it does however need to marinate for quite a while. The longer the better, in my humble opinion. Let's get to it:
TOFETA | VEGAN TOFU FETA CHEESE
- 1 pack (~400 grams) extra firm tofu
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp white miso
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp oregano (I opted for fresh basil)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- a pinch salt + pepper
- Start by pressing the water out of the tofu - wrap it in a kitchen towel/roll, leave under a weight for at least one hour.
- Prepare your marinade by whisking all ingredients together until smooth.
- Cut tofu into cubes, pour over marinade and let sit in an air-tight container for at least 2 hours. Best result comes from leaving it at least 8-48 hours. Once marinated cover in olive oil to preserve in fridge for 2-3 weeks. For extra fancy version add fresh herbs, peppercorns, chili and garlic.