Every foodie blog deserves a recipe for the 8th wonder of the world -- aka Chocolate Chip Cookies. This is my go-to recipe that I keep returning to, brought to you by Vegoteket, as it contains no extravaganza such as tapioca starch, store bought-egg replacer or even the opening of a chickpea can - just regular in-pantry ingredients, with perfect results!
Hazelnuts are optional (heaps of chocolate chips mandatory!) but why would you deny yourself the nutella like kind of divine they add to the mixture after a quick roast in the oven?
The Best Hassle-Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- Set oven to 175c.
- Whisk sugar, oil, oat milk and corn starch together until smooth paste.
- Combine the dry ingredients, except for chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour half the dry mixture into the wet; combine until no lumps remain. Add in the remaining.
- Fold in chocolate chops and hazelnuts.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes in the middle of the oven.
- 1½ dl (120 g) brown sugar
- 1,25 dl (115 g) rapeseed oil
- ½ dl (50 g) oat milk
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp bicarb soda
- 3,5 dl (210 g) wheat flour
- a dash of cinnamon
- 100 g chocolate chips
- 50 g hazelnuts (opt)