These photos are already about a month old. They were taken in the light of dusk with one valiant warrior still awake enough to photo bomb my window sill set up. Undoubtedly such commitment grants a 15 minute of fame-permit on my internet corner! As I am writing this I am in Punakaiki, New Zealand and am pretty pleased to have daylight up until 9pm. Quite the changeover from northern Sweden!
This week's recipe is a soup made of sweet potato and coconut milk with some carrots joining the party (for that extra bit of sweetness!). Now if food blogging was like fashion; I have seen so many recipes where roasted sweet corn is used as a soup topping 'this season' and it seemed like great fun. Especially since I love to add texture and chewiness to my soups! Without further ado, here is a darn sweet soup.
You might also like: 3 ways to make your soup more filling + fun.
Sweet Potato Soup with Roasted Sweet Corn
- Saute onion until soft, about 5 mins.
- Add curry paste and let saute for another minute.
- Add diced sweet potatoes and carrots along with the vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then let simmer for 10-15 mins.
- Add coconut milk and coriander. Leave to simmer another 5 minutes.
- In a medium skillet, heat up oil and saute sweet corn until they turn golden and start to smell like popcorn.
- Serve soup hot with fresh coriander and roasted sweet corn on top!
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 sweet potatoes, smaller sized
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- ½ litre vegetable broth
- 1 can (à 400 g) coconut milk
- a handful fresh coriander + more to serve
- ½ a lime, juice of
Roasted Sweet Corn
- 3 dl sweet corn (1.2 cup)
- ground paprika, chilli, coriander
- pumpkin seeds (opt.)